Some of you may know that I’ve been at 10 Yetis a good while now. I was a literal teenager when I started here in 2008 and my only experience of PR was a stint of work experience in my local county council’s press office when I was 15. I fell in love with it then, in part thanks to the lovely @NicDaviesUley showing me the ropes and what it all entailed.
Fast forward 11 and a half years and I’m now a solid part of the Yeti furniture and have worked hard to go from Content Writer and PR Account Executive up to the position today of Managing Director. Thanks to the guidance of our founder Andy and the trust he has placed in me over the years, the opportunities I’ve had here at the agency have been incredible.
18-year-old me hoped - but didn’t realise - I’d have the opportunity to work with brands like Just Eat, Superdry, Confused.com, Gocompare, Optical Express, WaterAid and carwow; and I’ve always been given complete creative free-reign at the agency which has helped me to develop professionally.
I think what I did know back then was that I’d be at 10 Yetis for years and years; and here I am today. I loved the company culture, the people here who’ve come and gone and stayed, and even having to dress up in an actual Yeti costume. 10 Yetis just felt like me.
So, you can imagine my delight at now being Managing Director here, even if sometimes the impostor syndrome strikes and I think I’m going to get “found out”.
I found out last week (and the industry found out today) that I’d made it into PR Week’s 30 under 30 list of 2020 after Andy put me forward. I was just as relieved as I was ecstatic, because it turns out the cut off point for still being 29 to be eligible for consideration this year was 10th July 2020. I turn 30 on 11th July 2020*. Phew!
*you may send gifts. I won't mind.
It's a very big deal for me, as I’ve never entered before and this truly was last chance saloon.
So, thank you PR Week and of course the five judges who had the difficult task of sifting through all the nominations; Perveen Akhtar (senior PR manager Europe at Dolby Laboratories) Alex Bigg (CEO at Engine MHP + Mischief), Francis Ingham (director general, PRCA), Effie Kanyua (director of PR and comms, Hearst UK) and Laura Peters (director of comms, Cancer research). I appreciate you all!
Big congratulations to the other 29 people who made it into PR Week 30 under 30 2020. The full list, sorted alphabetically by surname, was as follows:
- Thomas Anelay, associate director, Grayling
- Nigel Anthony, speechwriter and editorial manager, HSBC
- Naiema Ashraf, senior account manager, WE Communications
- Joshua Burrell, senior press officer, Transport for London
- Tiffany Burrows, account director, public affairs, Newington Communications
- Naomi Clarke, senior communications officer, Academy of Medical Sciences
- Jo Dalton, account manager, Lodestone Communications
- Emma Divers, Scotland manager, PLMR
- Sam Gavin, senior account director, Grayling
- Beatrice Giribaldi Groak, client director, Digitalis
- Niamh Griffin, account director, WE Communications
- Sheeraz Gulsher, senior account manager, PrettyGreen
- Rebecca Hallinan, managing partner and co-founder, Full Volume PR
- Annie Johnston, account manager, 90TEN
- Hollie Jones, senior account manager, Liquid
- Indigo Le Fèvre, senior account director, The Romans
- Hélène Legay, consultant, APCO Worldwide
- Matt Mckenna, head of communications (UK), Finder.com
- Ashleigh McLeod, PR and marketing officer, Housing 21
- Kelvin Morgan, senior account manager, Madano
- Rebecca Parlby, account director, Lansons
- Shannon Peerless, managing director, 10 Yetis
- Costanza Poggi, manager, Seahorse Environmental Communications
- Holly Ramsey, associate director, Interel Consulting
- Shiryn Sayani, communications manager (policy and campaigns), The Bar Council
- Misha Talheth-Fell, senior account director, Porter Novelli
- Rosie Taylor, account director, Instinct PR
- Louise Veitch, account director, Aspectus Group
- Lydia Willgress, senior consultant, Lexington Communications
- Sophie Williams, account director, Kazoo Communications