I've just stumbled over these rather amusing nationwide poll results; The study of 2,587 people was commissioned by UKTV History and shows the Top 10 funniest/most embarassing quotes from MPs.
The top 10 in full:
1) Boris Johnson: "I have as much chance of becoming Prime Minister as being decapitated by a Frisbee or of finding Elvis."
2) John Prescott: "The Green Belt is a Labour initiative and we intend to build on it."
3) Harriet Harman: "Tony Banks described the English fans arrested in Marseilles as brain-dead louts - that goes for me as well."
4) Robin Cook: "They found more dangerous chemicals in Coca-Cola's Dasani mineral water than they did in the whole of Iraq."
5) Harold Macmillan: "It has been said that there is no fool like an old fool, except a young fool. But the young fool has first to grow up to be an old fool to realise what a damn fool he was when he was a young fool."
6) Boris Johnson: "Yes, cannabis is dangerous, but no more than other perfectly legal drugs. It's time for a rethink, and the Tory party - the funkiest, most jiving party on Earth - is where it's happening."
7) Margaret Thatcher: "I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."
8) Michael Howard: "You are the deals-on-wheels Prime Minister - no wonder the Chancellor is not a happy eater!"
9) David Blunkett: "David is supposed to be a sad, lonely, old, blind bastard. David's not meant to have fun or go to nice restaurants or - heaven forbid - have sex."
10) Edward Heath: "Do you know what Margaret Thatcher did in her first Budget? Introduced VAT on yachts! It somewhat ruined my retirement."
The lives of the British people are in safe hands....